Sunday 24 January 2010

Birding in Cardiff...

I decided to come home the long way from Essex and do some birding in Cardiff. After getting my UK year list over 100 birds I was keen to see what I could get my welsh list up to. 1st stop was Goldcliff pools, plenty of birds here including a redhead smew, 150+ Grey Plovers, 150+ Knot, 1 Greenshank and a Spotted Redshank (other year ticks included Turnstone and Gadwall). Next stop Cardiff Bay, were I saw the returning Lesser Scaup, 2 Greater Scaup and loads of Coots.
Final Stop before heading home was Cosmeston Lakes, where I was hoping to catch a glimpse of a Bittern. Sadly no joy on that front, but I did manage to add a few more birds on to my year list including Common Gull, and Pink-foot Goose (Wales year list is now 110)


No comments:

Post a Comment